Job Title: Procurement Specialist (Multiple positions available)
Hours: 10-30 hours per week
Wage: $35-$47/hour, depending on experience
Project Name: Northern California Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
Supervisor: Norcal PTAC Program Director
LOCATION: Consultant will likely work remotely, but will meet with some clients in person & some clients virtually. Consultant would ideally be located in Northern California, preferably in one of the following counties: Del Norte, Humboldt, Siskiyou, Trinity, Shasta, Mendocino, Sonoma, Marin, Napa, Solano, Contra Costa, Alameda, Santa Clara, San Mateo, or San Francisco. Candidates outside of the Northern California area will also be considered. If selected candidate is located in Humboldt County, an on-campus office may be provided, depending on availability. If selected candidate is located in another preferred Northern California county, an office at a partner organization may be provided, depending on availability.
GENERAL INFORMATION: This is a 12-month non-exempt position(s). Depending on candidate availability and response to this job announcement, one 30-hour per week position may be available including a competitive benefits package, including group health, dental, and vision after one month of employment, and retirement contributions after 1,000 hours of work in the first year. While continuation of this position(s) is foreseen for years to come, all Norcal PTAC positions are contingent on continued federal funding. This is not a state or federal position.
The Norcal PTAC is hosted by Humboldt State University’s Sponsored Programs Foundation in Arcata, California. The program is primarily funded by a cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency with supplemental funding from state and local sources. Norcal PTAC serves the business community in northern California with no-cost government contracting education and consulting. Humboldt State University has hosted the PTAC program since 2013.
The Norcal PTAC seeks an experienced professional(s) with in-depth knowledge of government contracting for the position of Procurement Specialist.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITES:
- Counsel small businesses on federal, state, local, and tribal government contracting topics in person, over the phone, or using video conferencing software;
- Conduct market research with clients to determine target agencies;
- Assist clients with DUNS & SAM registrations;
- Assist clients with certifications like DBE, 8(a), HUBZone, SB/DVBE, WOSB, etc.;
- Conduct training workshops, public outreach efforts, and similar activities in support of program goals;
- Assist clients in finding bid opportunities and preparing bid responses;
- Assist in preparation of GSA federal supply schedule proposals;
- Interpret FAR, DFARs as well as other federal, state and local contracting regulations.
- Prior experience working for a PTAC, or other federally-funded small business assistance program;
- Existing partnerships with Northern California business, construction, and minority organizations;
- Relevant Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least 5 years of experience providing government contracting assistance to businesses or 5 years of experience as a relevant government procurement-related employee;
- Ability to use technology, including the Internet, PowerPoint, client database software like Neoserra, and video conferencing software like Zoom;
- Must be able and willing to travel overnight several times per year.
Qualified applicants should submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. HSU application
2. Cover Letter
4. Three professional reference contacts
5. HSU SPF Self Identification Form for Job Applicants (signed in two places)
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For questions regarding this posting email the Program Director at email@example.com.
Application Review Date: Tuesday, July 9, by noon. Position will be open until filled.
Humboldt State University Sponsored Programs Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. More information about HSU SPF’s Equal Employment Opportunity hiring can be found here.
For assistance with the application process, please submit an Accommodation Request Form which can be found here or call the SPF Office Manager at (707) 826-5169.
- ‹ Previous
- Next ›